This is a FAQ entry. See the main FAQ index for others. See also the related entry on premium support.
Here’s a list of some posts on competitive bidding, a.k.a. “competitive pricing”. There are others.
- The world’s simplest explanation of competitive bidding
- The world’s most complex competitive bidding-related idea (not really, but it is complicated)
- Is competitive bidding a natural right-left compromise for Medicare plan subsidies?
- Competitive bidding is part of managed competition
- How is the Ryan/GOP Medicare voucher plan like and not like other, federal subsidized health insurance programs? [chart]
- We don’t have to impoverish the elderly to save Medicare [chart]
- Competitive bidding, simulated [charts]
- How I convinced Aaron of the virtues of competitive bidding (related)
- How competitive bidding is and is not like current Medicare
- Another roundup of competitive bidding-related posts
- Competitive bidding for Medicare-covered durable medical equipment
- Why traditional Medicare might thrive in a competitive program
- A podcast on competitive bidding