This is a FAQ entry. See the main FAQ index for others.
There are many posts on Medicare on the blog. The following is a sample that illustrate some of the spending problems the program faces.
- Deep problems with how Medicare pays physicians [chart]
- Medicare physician spending is a volume problem [charts]
- Medicare vs. private insurance health care spending [chart]
- Medicare and Medicaid can’t pay at rates far below those of private health insurance [charts]
- What the GOP voucher plan for Medicare is and is not like [chart]
- Medicare beneficiaries’ skin in the game [charts]
- In the long term, demography is not destiny [chart]