Proposed Constitutional Amendment
TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM OF OHIOANS TO CHOOSE THEIR HEALTH CARE
AND HEALTH CARE COVERAGE
Proposed by Initiative Petition
To adopt Section 21 of Article I of the Constitution of the State of Ohio
A majority yes vote is necessary for the amendment to pass.
The proposed amendment would provide that:
1. In Ohio, no law or rule shall compel, directly or indirectly, any person, employer, or
health care provider to participate in a health care system.
2. In Ohio, no law or rule shall prohibit the purchase or sale of health care or health
3. In Ohio, no law or rule shall impose a penalty or fine for the sale or purchase of health
care or health insurance.
The proposed amendment would not:
1. Affect laws or rules in effect as of March 19, 2010.
2. Affect which services a health care provider or hospital is required to perform or provide.
3. Affect terms and conditions of government employment.
4. Affect any laws calculated to deter fraud or punish wrongdoing in the health care
If approved, the amendment will be effective thirty days after the election.
YES SHALL THE AMENDMENT BE
Just thought folks might like to see what was actually written on the ballot.