This is a FAQ entry. See the main FAQ index for others.
These are by no means comprehensive in covering all aspects of Medicare’s drug benefit (Part D), but they’re a start.
- Background and basics of Part D.
- Drug utilization under Part D has offsets in terms of lower non-drug utilization and expenditure.
- If the Part D benefit were more like the VA’s, we’d be saving a lot of money.
- Problems with Part D’s formulary requirements.
- The effect of out-of-pocket drug costs on medication adherence.
- Medicare’s drug benefit is welfare increasing.
- The Medicare Modernization Act, which enacted the Part D benefit, was a budget buster.
- Within the constraints of the governing statute, Part D has a sound competitive bidding design.