I have heard rumors that some are talking about raising the Medicare eligibility age. It’s a bad idea. A really bad idea. Here are some of the many, many posts and columns we’ve written on why that’s so:
- Why it costs two times more to raise the Medicare age from 65 to 67
- Why it is bad for health, regressive, and requires the ACA to be fully in effect
- Why the liberal case for it is weak
- What it means for certain, large unions
- Did you know raising the Medicare eligibility age will cost America money?
- Why the federal savings are actually very small
- What if states don’t expand Medicaid?
- A podcast on this topic
- Raising the Medicare Eligibility Age Isn’t Harmless
- It saves the federal government even less than previously thought
- Should the Eligibility Age for Medicare Be Raised? (NO)
If these aren’t enough, let me know. There are more.