One of the arguments you hear most often by people who don’t want to get immunized against influenza is that the flu just isn’t a big deal; it’s just a bad cold. It’s not. There are lots of other things people often get wrong about flu shots, too.
For those of you who came here for references or more information, here you go:
- Highlights of updated AAP policy on influenza
- Benefits of Influenza Vaccination: Selected Publications
- Vaccine Effectiveness – How Well Does the Flu Vaccine Work?
- Vaccination: Who Should Do It, Who Should Not and Who Should Take Precautions
- 2014-2015 Flu Season
- Estimated Influenza Illnesses and Hospitalizations Averted by Influenza Vaccination — United States, 2012–13 Influenza Season