I’ve found that of almost all of the topics I write about over at my blog, the one that stirs up the most controversy, the one that generates me the most hate, the most emails and the most tweets is e-cigarettes. Defenders of them are very passionate, and surprisingly organized.
Those that dislike them are no less dedicated. But let’s get past the rhetoric. E-cigarettes are the topic of this week’s Healthcare Triage:
For those of you who want some references, here you go:
- How it works: An electronic cigarette
- About one in five U.S. adult cigarette smokers have tried an electronic cigarette
- Notes from the Field: Electronic Cigarette Use Among Middle and High School Students — United States, 2011–2012
- Electronic cigarettes for smoking cessation: a randomised controlled trial
- E-Cigarettes: A Scientific Review