I don’t know why, but you all keep asking for an episode on nootropics. For those of you who aren’t in the know, those are drugs which are supposed to enhance cognitive function. Nootropics are the topic of this week’s Healthcare Triage.
For those of you who want to read more:
- Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers
- Modafinil Increases the Latency of Response in the Hayling Sentence Completion Test in Healthy Volunteers: A Randomised Controlled Trial
- Modafinil and methylphenidate for neuroenhancement in healthy individuals: A systematic review
- Evidence for the efficacy of piracetam for dementia or cognitive impairment is inadequate for clinical use but sufficient to justify further research
- Get ahead in Silicon Valley: take nootropic brain drugs
- Will ‘Smart Drugs’ Really Make Us Smarter, or Just Ruin Our Lives?
- Experimenting With Nootropics to Increase Mental Capacity, Clarity