One of the favorite complaints of doctors when we confront them with the over using technology and overtreating patients is that they demand it. Do they? More and more evidence says that’s a myth. This is Healthcare Triage News.
For those of you who want to read more:
- Patient Demands and Requests for Cancer Tests and Treatments
- The relationship between perceived parental expectations and pediatrician antimicrobial prescribing behavior
- Antibiotic use for emergency department patients with acute diarrhea: Prescribing practices, patient expectations, and patient satisfaction
- Antibiotic use for emergency department patients with upper respiratory infections: prescribing practices, patient expectations, and patient satisfaction
- Desire for antibiotics and antibiotic prescribing for adults with upper respiratory tract infections
- The Myth of the Demanding Patient