This is a FAQ entry. See the main FAQ index for others.
- On the paper that underlies the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s County Health Rankings
- On an infographic that access to health care plays only a 10% role in health*
- My frustration with the literature on this subject
- Adrianna’s post on Project Millennial, chasing citations potentially related to that infographic
- My post on Adrianna’s post and some conclusions
- One of several posts on David Cutler’s work, and that of others, that suggests that over the second half of the 20th century “50% of declines in mortality [were] due to medical care”
- A post on the AcademyHealth blog making the case that half of longevity gains are due to health care
- A post by Aaron that goes over much of this, linking to some of the above
- A post by Garret Johnson that also covers much of this
* It is in the comments to this post that, on June 6, 2012, Adrianna—previously anonymous to us—made her TIE debut. She followed up with a wonky and helpful email the next day (screenshot below). This is the TIE-Adrianna origin story, about which we marvel. It is astonishing how much can follow from an email.
(Also, one day before her blog comment, on June 5th, Adrianna, along with Karan Chhabra, launched Project Millennial. )
@afrakt, with help from Adrianna (@onceuponA)