We try not to fall into the trap of discussing the “panic du jour” on Healthcare Triage, but sometimes people are concerned about things they should be concerned about. But it’s still important for that level of concern to mirror the actual threat.
For many viewers, the Zika virus hold pretty much no threat at all. But not all. It’s really a problem, and we want you to be informed. The Zika virus is the topic of this week’s Healthcare Triage.
For those of you who want to read more:
- Short Answers to Hard Questions About Zika Virus
- As Zika virus spreads, women in Latin America are told to delay pregnancy
- Novos casos suspeitos de microcefalia são divulgados pelo Ministério da Saúde
- Travel Health Notices
- Interim Guidelines for Pregnant Women During a Zika Virus Outbreak — United States, 2016
- El Salvador urges against pregnancies until 2018 as Zika virus spreads
- Zika virus, explained in 6 charts and maps