This week’s Healthcare Triage:
Our episode on Organic food was a hit, but lots of you had questions in the comments asking about the safety of artificial sweeteners. We live to serve, so this week’s episode is about the research in that area. These chemicals get a bad rap, but you might be surprised by what you learn by watching. Send your hate tweets to Aaron. He’s used to them.
For those of you who came here looking for references, here are some:
- National Cancer Institute: Artificial Sweeteners and Cancer
- Artificial sweeteners—do they bear a carcinogenic risk
- Aspartame: neuropsychologic and neurophysiologic evaluation of acute and chronic effects
- Consumption of aspartame-containing beverages and incidence of hematopoietic and brain malignancies
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Really That Bad for You?