- CMS proposed rule on hospice wage index for FY 2012 in the Federal Register; rule would reduce payment rates, alter face-to-face re-certification rules for patients using hospice for a relatively long time, and implement new quality reporting standards/system
- CMS Medicare Learning Network: fact sheet on ACO/shared savings
- CMS: Indian Health Service first federal agency to have electronic medical records certified for meaningful use
- RWJF Issue Briefs on Social Determinants of Health: Race and SES Affect Opportunities for Better Health and The link between Education and Health
- And in the random-useless-trivia-but-I felt-like-sharing category, I spent the summer of 1989 in Pakistan when I was in college, and have been to Abbottabad….the last large town/city on the Karakorum highway which travels beside the Indus river most of the way to the Chinese border. Quite a ride from Abbottabad to the Chinese border and back….about 24 hours each way by bus.
On The Record