Here’s what I wrote in seven tweets this morning:
- I’ve noticed a lot of folks are depressed and exhausted after the debt ceiling fight.
- Buck up! It’s important to keep floating and supporting good ideas even if and when Congress seems to ignore them.
- Why? Because Congress eventually will need better ideas.
- Consider health care. Congress is likely to do the simplest thing they can get away with. Meat ax cuts likely. Eventually, simple fails.
- So, we need many arrows in the quiver.
- Congress may always draw the dullest one, but in time they’ll need something sharper to slay the beast.
- You media folks: keep showing off those arrows. You research folks: keep making them.