Let’s be honest. The real controversy around the issue of guns is… what might we do about it? It’s the potential policy changes that make people squirrelly. But changes have occurred in the past, we can see what happened, and we can use that to inform what we might do. That’s the topic of this week’s Healthcare Triage.
- What Do We Know About the Association Between Firearm Legislation and Firearm-Related Injuries?
- State background checks for gun purchase and firearm deaths: An exploratory study
- Firearm Death Rates and Association with Level of Firearm Purchase Background Check
- Effects of the Repeal of Missouri’s Handgun Purchaser Licensing Law on Homicides
- Impact of California firearms sales laws and dealer regulations on the illegal diversion of guns
- State gun safe storage laws and child mortality due to firearms
- Association between youth-focused firearm laws and youth suicides
- Firearm-Related Laws in All 50 US States, 1991–2016
- State Firearm Law Database