Another great episode for summer:
When I was a kid, I remember people talking about putting on suntan lotion to help them absorb the sun’s rays. Those days are over. Too much sun can be terrible for you. Besides the fact that it significantly increases the risk of skin cancer, the sun will age your skin and make you look older, too. Who wants that? Today, we use sunscreen to protect us from the sun. But most of us are doing it wrong. How so? Watch and learn.
For those of you who came here for references or more information, try these:
- When should sunscreen be reapplied?
- Sunscreen application at the beach
- “SunSmart Plus”: the more informed use of sunscreens
- Simple dosage guide for suncreams will help users
- Avoidance of sun exposure is a risk factor for all-cause mortality: results from the Melanoma in Southern Sweden cohort
- Too much sun is still bad for you
- Much of this was also covered in our first book, Don’t Swallow Your Gum!