This week’s topic is speed limits and safety:
In past episodes, I’ve talked about how accidents are the number one killer of children, and how car accidents represent a fairly large part of accidents in general. In response, a number of you asked me why we don’t reduce the speed limits of many roads nationwide in an attempt to bring that number down. I’m glad you asked. That’s the topic of this week’s Healthcare triage.
For those of you who came here for more information or references, here are some:
- Speed Doesn’t Kill: The Repeal of the 55-MPH Speed Limit
- Road Safety Audit: Route 3 Bedford-Billerica-Chelmsford
- Warning: Pay No Attention To This Message
- Highway Safety and the 65-mph Speed Limit
- The Effects of Automobile Safety Regulation
- How Speed Limits Can Costs Lives
- Did the 65 mph Speed Limit Save Lives?
- New York DOT Study
- Impact of Raising Speed Limits on Traffic Safety
- Effects of Raising and Lowering Speed Limits on Selected Roadway Sections