Just recently, a number of outlets, including the Washington Post, reported on a study about the alarming rise in children who were exposed to parents’ pot edibles. You likely saw a news story on this somewhere or other.
But, as always, it’s important to view these things in context. We’re going to go that, today on Healthcare Triage News:
For those of you who want to read more, here you go:
- More and more little kids are finding mom and dad’s (legal) marijuana stash
- Marijuana Exposure Among Children Younger Than Six Years in the United States
- 2013 Annual Report of the American Association of Poison Control Centers ’ National Poison Data System (NPDS): 31st Annual Report
- Alcohol or Marijuana? A Pediatrician Faces the Question
- Bill and Melinda Gates want to make a difference, and they’re going about it right
- What kills kids?