I’ve received considerable feedback on my prior post on the size of health care administrative costs, some by e-mail and also in comments to the post itself. Those of you who read it earlier may want to go back and take a another look. The tone has changed a bit. But more importantly there are links to some other papers of relevance. If all you’re interested in is the literature, then the following list is what I’ve learned of to date. I’ll update it if folks send more. So check back here (this post).
- Himmelstein, Campbell, and Woolhandler, New England Journal of Medicine, 2003.
- Danzon, Health Affairs, 1992.
- Aaron, New England Journal of Medicine, 2003.
- Casalino, et al., Health Affairs, 2009.
- Sakowski, et al., Health Affairs, 2009.