Obviously this is not about health policy. But the time I have spent searching for a solution could have been spent on health policy. Here’s what happens:
- I restart my Windows 7 computer before departing from work.
- Once every month or two, when I log in the next morning, the sound doesn’t work.
- Restarting the PC fixes the problem, but at the expense of taking several minutes.
- Surely there must be a faster fix …
Well there is, but it’s darn hard to find just the right one on the internet. In fact, I found it once, kept it for a while, then lost it. Refinding it was not fun. So, I’m dumping it here, where I know I can find it easily later. The solution:
For Windows 7, I used this and hope it will work for all Windows flavors:
- Right click on My Computer
- Chose Manage
- Select Device Manager in the left panel
- Expand Sound, video and game controllers
- Find your audio driver and right click on it.
- Chose Disable
- Right click on the audio driver again
- Chose Enable
It should start working now.