This week, a piece by Ben Smith has been making the rounds. It’s entitled, “Obama Prepares to Screw His Base.” How is he doing so? By making them pay more for health insurance. I respond in my latest piece at the AcademyHealth blog. Go read!
- Free birth control doesn’t make women less careful
- Bad news for e-cig use
- President Obama’s 2015 Budget for Health Research is a Disaster
- Could the delays backfire?
- Individual market cancellations might be less common than previously estimated
- Timothy Jost on the Republican plan to replace to ACA
- Impact of the “like it/keep” extension likely small and self-limiting
- Improving competition in Medicare Part D
- Medicare Advantage payment rate cuts
For speaking inquiries
Click here for a link to Austin's CV, as well as a complete list of his peer-reviewed publications with links to related posts and/or ungated versions (when available).
AcademyHealth: Economists respond to Smith: “Uhm, that’s how insurance works”February 11, 2013 at 4:02 pmAaron Carroll
Follow the blog
Tag cloudACA AcademyHealth accountable care organizations Affordable Care Act announcement antitrust blogging comic competitive bidding costs cost shifting deficit employer-sponsored health insurance health care costs health insurance health insurance mandates health reform hospital readmissions hospitals individual mandate information technology insurance exchange market power Massachusetts Medicaid Medicare mortality obesity On The Record Part D physicians politics PPACA premiums prescription drugs prostate cancer quality reading list reflex RWJF single payer spending tax uninsured xkcd