This week, a piece by Ben Smith has been making the rounds. It’s entitled, “Obama Prepares to Screw His Base.” How is he doing so? By making them pay more for health insurance. I respond in my latest piece at the AcademyHealth blog. Go read!
- Levy and Meltzer on the impact of health insurance on health
- Compounding pharmacy bills
- Copayments are stupid, ctd.
- Should very young children be taking stimulants?
- GDP vs health care spending
- The medical device tax needs to stay
- More comparative effectiveness goodness
- How to debate a wing nut
- Chart of the day: Cognitive ability and enrollment into public programs
For speaking inquiries
Click here for a link to Austin's CV, as well as a complete list of his peer-reviewed publications with links to related posts and/or ungated versions (when available).
AcademyHealth: Economists respond to Smith: “Uhm, that’s how insurance works”February 11, 2013 at 4:02 pmAaron Carroll
Write a comment
Follow the blog
Tag cloudAcademyHealth accountable care organizations Affordable Care Act announcement antitrust blogging books comic competitive bidding costs cost shifting deficit employer-sponsored health insurance health care costs health insurance health insurance mandates health reform hospital readmissions hospitals instrumental variables insurance exchange market power Massachusetts Medicaid Medicare mortality obesity On The Record physicians politics PPACA premiums premium support prescription drugs prostate cancer quality reading list reflex RWJF single payer spending substance use tax uninsured xkcd